Julia M. Lowe, CPC
Affiliated Medical Billing
As a Medical Practice Management Consultant, Julia M. Lowe, CPC, streamlines physicians’ practices by providing physicians and office staff with audit, billing, training, and consulting services tailored to specialty. She has over 40 years of experience working with physicians, office staff, accountants, attorneys, insurance companies and government agencies.
Julia frequently serves as a consultant and lecturer at medical practices, hospitals, and Michigan Osteopathic Association and Michigan State Medical Society educational events throughout Michigan regarding coding and documentation issues, billing, compliance and other practice management and business related topics.
- Auditing of Evaluation and Management services for select specialties to review the accuracy of coding.
- Works with large and small medical organizations, training physicians, managers and billers regarding coding, documentation and billing issues.
- Train physicians in Evaluation and Management documentation and coding.
- Consults with and educates office staff to maximize reimbursement and reduce days in A/R.
- Reviews physicians’ practices for internal controls and tracking of financial information.
- Implementing efficiency measures and tracking systems for better financial and medical follow-up.
- Certified Professional Coder
- American Academy of Professional Coders
- Health Care Compliance Association
- Medical Group Management Association
- National Association of Professional Women
- Accounts Receivable Controls
- Billing for Hospitalist Services
- Communication and Customer Service
- CPT Coding (Basic & Advanced)
- Evaluation and Management Coding and Criteria
- ICD-9-CM Coding (Basic & Advanced)
- HCPCS Coding
- Maximizing Insurance Reimbursement
- Modifier Usage
- Physician Employment Contracts
- Strating, Joining or Closing a Practice
- Audit – What Does It Mean to You? (MSMS Michigan Medicine, August 2005)
- Benefits of Hiring a Practice Consultant (MSMS Michigan Medicine, April 2004)
- Physicians Audit Thyself: It’s Worth the Expense (Contributed to content, American Medical News, March 2005)
- Dr. Being “Nice” or “Legal”
- Starting a Practice Checklist (MSMS)
- Zonta Club of Saginaw