Budget cuts, higher costs, increased transparency requirements and new GASB pronouncements are just a few of the issues governmental entities are facing. As your business partner, Yeo & Yeo’s Government Services Team provides auditing and consulting services that assist governments in becoming more efficient to meet these challenges.
Our governmental clients benefit from a partnership with professionals who are experienced in government accounting.
- The firm serves over 130 government clients including counties, villages, townships, cities and schools, in addition to other government entities such as libraries, police and fire, airport, water and health care authorities.
- The firm performed over 100 single audits during 2013, with federal expenditures up to $45 million.
- The firm’s experience with sizeable government entities includes the Bureau of State Lottery with assets over $1 billion, and the Michigan Legislature, which includes the Auditor General, House Fiscal Agency, House of Representatives, Legislative Service Bureau, Senate, and Senate Fiscal Agency.
- Yeo & Yeo Audit Team members are regular presenters at state and local conferences.
- Audit Team members perform reviews for the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting (CAFR) program.
Yeo & Yeo's Government Insights newsletter explores accounting, tax andf financial issues facing Michigan municipalities. Read the latest issue.
Yeo & Yeo worked with the following municipalities to obtain the GFOA Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting.
- City of Alma
- City of Centerline
- City of Flint
- City of Midland
- City of Saginaw
Yeo & Yeo gives governmental organizations reliable and practical advice to make the best decisions for the citizens they represent. Our services include:
Audit and Accounting
- Budgets and Projections
- Cash Flow Analysis
- Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting
- Chart of Account Design
- Evaluation and Implementation of Internal Controls
- Federal and State Grant Compliance
- Financial Statement Audits and Single Audits
- Financial Statement Preparation
- Fixed Asset Schedules, Including Depreciation
- Forensic Investigation
- Fraud Prevention
- Inventory Controls
- Payroll Processing
- Review and Compilation of Financial Statements
- Accounting Policies and Procedures
- Corporate Compliance Assistance
- Employee Benefit Plan Services
- GASB Implementation and Consulting
- Indirect Cost Allocation Plans
- Interim Controllerships
- Lease vs. Buy Analysis
- Long-range Financial Projections
- Medical Practice Evaluation
- Operations Analysis
- Privatization Analysis
- IRS Examinations
- Payroll Taxes
- Sales Tax
- Accounting Issues
- Computer Software Training
- Financial Reporting Issues
- GASB Implementation
- Training for Governance