Fraud & Forensics Accountants
No business owner wants to imagine that their employees may be stealing from them. Still, statistics show it happens daily and that small businesses are the most vulnerable. It is estimated that 75 percent of all theft goes undetected.
Fraud prevention & detection
One thing is constant ... fraud is always a surprise. Our clients say, “We never saw it happening.” Solid internal controls, implemented and followed correctly, are the best deterrent to fraud.
Yeo & Yeo’s fraud and forensic accountants set up controls to help eliminate opportunities and prevent wrongdoing. Fraud services include:
- Conduct an internal control study
- Conduct a fraud examination
- Perform internal audits of high-risk areas
- Conduct an IT security audit
- Work with you to monitor non-financial measures
- Provide management training
If fraud is discovered, Yeo & Yeo has the personnel and experience to begin a timely investigation, prevent further loss, determine the full extent of the fraud and prepare for litigation and recovery.
Fraud Investigation & Litigation Support
Our fraud and forensic accountants and litigation support team works side-by-side with attorneys and their clients to quantify losses and map out effective litigation strategy. We perform investigative accounting procedures for a variety of purposes, including:
- Fraud detection and documentation - embezzlement
- Shareholder/partnership contractual disputes
- Asset and income tracing
- Business damages or interruption / lost or diminished profits
- Intellectual property investigations
- Fraud risk management
- Forensic technology
- Background research of people and entities
- Contract compliance
- Expert Witness Testimony
Looking for a fraud and forensics accountant you can trust?
Yeo & Yeo CPAs are experienced and thoroughly versed in modern fraud detection and investigation techniques. Expert fraud services are based on extensive professional training and certifications, including the following.
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) - specialized forensic accounting skills; granted by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) - specializing in the prevention, detection and deterrence of fraud; granted by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
Safeguard your assets
Fraud has a direct impact on your business’s financial health. Yeo & Yeo’s CPAs fraud and forensics accountants can help you become savvier about preventing and detecting fraud. We also can be a valuable resource to have on your side to help safeguard your data and investigate losses when fraud strikes.
Is your company exposed to fraud?
Answer the questions in Yeo & Yeo's Internal Control Checklist to find out.
September 20, 2016
September 15, 2016
September 14, 2016
Stay Informed With Our Newsletters
Stay informed of current trends, best practices and legislation that could affect you or your business.Sign Up Today