The Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) announced an opportunity for providers to submit a Request to Report Late Due to Extenuating Circumstances for PRF Reporting Period 1 if one or more of the extenuating circumstances described below apply.
Providers will be able to submit a Request to Report Late Due to Extenuating Circumstances for Reporting Period 1 from Monday, April 11 to Friday, April 22, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. ET.
HRSA explains that the only providers who meet one or more of the identified extenuating circumstances will be eligible to submit a Late Reporting Request for Reporting Period 1. These circumstances include:
- Severe illness or death of a provider or key staff member responsible for reporting
- Impacted by a natural disaster
- An incorrect email or mailing address on file with HRSA prevented the organization from receiving instructions prior to the Reporting Period deadline
- The provider registered, completed their report but forgot to click the “submit” button before the deadline
- An internal miscommunication or error about who was authorized and expected to report on behalf of the organization and/or the registered point of contact
- An incomplete targeted distribution report where the parent organization completed all General Distribution payment reports but a targeted distribution was not reported on by the subsidiary
The provider must indicate and attest to a clear and concise explanation of the applicable extenuating circumstance; however, supporting documentation will not be required.
If HRSA approves the request, the organization will receive a notification to proceed with completing the Reporting Period 1 report. Providers will have ten days from the date they receive the notification to submit a report in the PRF Reporting Portal. There will be no extensions to this timeline, so providers should prepare their documentation as soon as possible and be ready to file once notified that they are approved. Providers can review the PRF Reporting Portal User’s Guide to help them determine what information will be required.
Providers who plan to submit a Request to Report Late Due to Extenuating Circumstances, but have not registered in the PRF Reporting Portal, should complete registration prior to submitting their request. Registration instructions are on the PRF Reporting webpage.
Note that providers will also have an opportunity to submit a Request to Report Late Due to Extenuating Circumstances for Reporting Period 2 if the extenuating circumstances are applicable. Providers will receive a notification regarding the process to submit a request for RP2 in the coming weeks.