Yeo & Yeo is committed to an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace where our people can be their authentic selves and our culture supports our clients and communities.
As a client, you benefit from our best ideas when Yeo & Yeo maintains an inclusive, multi-dimensional firm culture. We recognize that our unique viewpoints drive growth, innovation, and value. Our goal is to attract and retain the best talent, serve clients through creative thinking, and better represent and support the various communities in which we live and work.
We are continuously taking steps to advance DEI in our firm. Through strategic plan initiatives, we are increasing our training and cultural education, expanding our recruiting program, and ensuring practices and policies are in place to provide everyone a great opportunity to succeed.
How We Foster a Culture of Equality
We make a strong effort to educate and encourage students early on to go into accounting, technology, medical billing, and professional services – from speaking at high schools throughout Michigan and inviting students to tour Yeo & Yeo to working closely with colleges with an emphasis on finding diverse candidates.
Yeo & Yeo’s culture also focuses on supporting our communities by giving back to organizations such as the Boys & Girls Club, food banks, homeless shelters, READ associations, child abuse and neglect organizations, and many others that serve those in need.
It's About the People
At Yeo & Yeo, we recognize that the champions behind our success are our people. We are committed to providing an environment where all our people can learn, grow, and thrive. Hear what our professionals have to say about Yeo & Yeo’s people-focused culture.
Where All Can Grow and Succeed
From more equitable advancement opportunities to critical work-life balance supports, these groups are dedicated to propelling our firm along its DEI journey and ensuring that everyone is empowered to have a rewarding career.
- Career Advocacy Team
- The Career Advocacy Team’s (CAT) mission is to assist in developing our professionals at all levels into firm and community leaders. CAT is dedicated to removing roadblocks and promoting success. The team has spearheaded many initiatives to empower our people, including our Hybrid Work Plan, Dress for Your Day policy, Enhanced Parental Leave and a New Parent Guide for women and men, Emerging Leaders Academy, career path maps, and more. CAT also conducts regular employee surveys.
- Yeo Young Professionals Team
- The Yeo Young Professionals (YYP) Team is a dedicated group for those early in their careers. The team meets throughout the year to network, volunteer, and collaborate. Our young professionals at Yeo & Yeo are an asset to the firm, and we are committed to supporting their professional and personal growth.
- Women in Leadership
- Yeo & Yeo is incredibly proud of our family-friendly culture and ability to attract and retain women. We are especially proud of our female leaders that have been named among the MICPA Women to Watch Award Honorees. Our total workforce is more than 54% female, and the number of women in leadership positions exceeds 50%, well above the industry average in professional service firms.
Promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion is a long-term journey. As a firm, we celebrate diverse perspectives. We embrace creativity and innovation. And we recognize that our differences are our strength.
Dave Youngstrom, CPA
Yeo & Yeo President & CEO
CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™
Yeo & Yeo is proud to join more than 1,000 CEOs nationwide in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ – the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advancing diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
The CEO pledge outlines a specific set of actions that CEOs will take to cultivate a trusting environment where all ideas are welcomed and employees feel comfortable and empowered to have discussions about diversity and inclusion. These actions include:
- Cultivating a workplace that supports open dialogue on complex, and sometimes difficult, conversations about diversity and inclusion.
- Implementing and expanding unconscious bias education.
- Sharing our best practices—and challenges.
- Creating and sharing strategic diversity and inclusion plans.