Land As Your Legacy®
We understand transitioning your family farm or ranch can be overwhelming without a plan in place.
Ninety-seven percent of all farms in the United States are family-owned, but the vast majority of those operations do not have a succession plan in place. In today’s agribusiness environment, it is crucial to be proactive in terms of planning, because nothing is guaranteed. Succession planning can be a very emotional process for everyone involved, but it is necessary to secure the future of both the farm and the individuals who take part.
Yeo & Yeo's Agribusiness Services Group is proud to partner with Nationwide's Land As Your Legacy® farm transition planning program to provide comprehensive farm transition solutions. The tax, financial and business advisors at Yeo & Yeo work with your family to prepare a plan for your farm that is beneficial and agreed upon by all generations.
Are you ready to take control of the financial future of your farm?
Yeo & Yeo can help farm families implement various succession strategies depending on each family’s situation and needs. The Land As Your Legacy® program and transition planning tool for farmers and ranchers includes discussions and solutions on the following:
- Succession planning – determining the best way to transition the farm to the next generation
- Business planning – ensuring the future of the farm; is it economically viable for the next generation?
- Risk management – identify risks involved in global markets, weather and natural disasters, investments and the owners’ retirement and business plan, and manage potential issues now
- Financial independence – safeguarding the exiting generation with enough compensation to live on, as well as enough compensation for the succeeding generation to be stable in taking over operations
- Estate planning services – creating an organized estate in the event of a family member’s death
Contact your Yeo & Yeo professional to build a comprehensive succession plan that begins years before is critical to start transitioning the family farm to the next generation.
Request a Proposal
We welcome the opportunity to learn more about your business needs. Request a proposal and let’s get the conversation started.Request a Proposal
Stay Informed With Our Newsletters
Stay informed of current trends, best practices and legislation that could affect you or your business.Sign Up Today
"When we are considering an important business decision, we can call our CPA at Yeo & Yeo and ask, ‘What potential issues are we going to have?’ It benefits us that Yeo & Yeo has disciplines in all areas, including assisting us with mergers and acquisitions, auditing the general financial statement and our 401(k) plan, and tax planning."
"We have relied on Yeo & Yeo for nearly 20 years. They do a great job providing the accounting and tax services that help our farming operations be successful.