Employee Benefit Plans
Auditing employee benefit plans is complex and requires specialized experience. With changing rules and regulations from the Department of Labor, it is essential that organizations choose the right audit provider for their retirement plan. A comprehensive audit can help uncover discrepancies that can surprise you months and years in the future.
Yeo & Yeo is a leader in this area. The firm audits over 70 employee benefit plans annually, performing full and limited-scope audits for single and multiple employers’ plans that range in size from $500,000 to $27 million.
We help you understand your plan, and offer suggestions to help improve internal controls. We take the lead to coordinate with the plan sponsor, trustee and administrator, resulting in timely, accurate reporting.
The firm’s membership in the AICPA’s Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center assures you that our processes comply with professional standards and regulations for ERISA employee benefit plan audits.
Audit and Accounting
The firm’s CPAs provide audits, reviews and compilations of:
- Defined contribution plans, including 401(k) plans
- Section 403 (b) Tax Shelter Annuity Plans
- Section 457 Deferred Compensation Plans
- Defined benefit pension plans
- Health and Welfare benefit plans
- Annual Report of Employee Benefit Plans (Form 5500) for all types of benefit plans, including retirement and welfare benefit plans
- Income or estate tax implications
- Establishment and administration of pension and employee benefit plans
- Evaluation of current benefit arrangements
- Regulatory compliance and assistance with record keeping
- Required annual testing for 401(k) and other retirement plans
- Plan terminations and the related IRS submissions
- Conduct employee meetings
- Establish, train and monitor Section 125 Cafeteria Plans
- Retirement planning