Episode 10: The Basics of Blockchain
Podcast Host: Jacob Sopczynski, CPA
Speaker: Robert Konsdorf
Welcome to Everyday Business, Yeo & Yeo’s podcast. We’ve had the privilege of advising Michigan businesses for more than 95 years, and we want to share our knowledge with you.
Covering tax, accounting, technology, financial and advisory topics relevant to you and your business, Yeo & Yeo’s podcast is hosted by industry and subject matter experts, where we go beyond the beans.
On episode 10 of Everyday Business, host Jacob Sopczynski, principal in the Flint office, is joined by Robert Konsdorf, CEO of EOS Detroit. Learn more about EOS Detroit on their LinkedIn and Twitter pages.
Listen in as Jacob and Rob discuss the basics of blockchain in part one of our two-part series about blockchain and its tax effects.
- What is blockchain (1:35)
- Public and decentralized ledgers (2:55)
- Examples of proof of stake (6:01)
- The use of blockchain technology in private ledgers (8:12)
- How will blockchain technology impact us in the future (11:10)
- Additional blockchain use cases (16:07)
- The limitations of blockchain (18:26)
- Will be see the monataty transactional system increase in the coming years? (21:05)
- The future of blockchain (27:00)
Thank you for tuning in to Yeo & Yeo’s Everyday Business Podcast. Yeo & Yeo’s podcast can be heard on Apple Podcasts, PodBean and, of course, our website. Please subscribe, rate and review.
For more business insights, visit our Resource Center and subscribe to our eNewsletters.
The information provided in this podcast is believed to be valid and accurate on the date it was first published. The views, information, or opinions expressed during the podcast reflect the views of the speakers. This podcast does not constitute tax, accounting, legal or other business advice, or an advisor-client relationship. Before making any decision or taking action, consult with a professional regarding your specific circumstances.