Welcome to Everyday Business, Yeo & Yeo’s podcast. We’ve had the privilege of advising Michigan businesses for more than 95 years, and we want to share our knowledge with you.
Covering tax, accounting, technology, financial and advisory topics relevant to you and your business, Yeo & Yeo’s podcast is hosted by industry and subject matter experts, where we go beyond the beans.
On episode two of Everyday Business, host David Jewell, tax partner in Kalamazoo, is joined by Andrew Matuzak, tax manager in the firm’s Saginaw office. Listen in as David and Andrew discuss the new SECURE Act and the extensions taxpayers need to know about.
- SECURE Act changes taxpayers will face. (2:16)
- When will the SECURE Act changes take effect? (4:50)
- Rules for Stretch IRAs. (5:34)
- Appropriations bill extensions, key deductions, and credits. (6:30)
- Planning strategies for new Appropriations bill provisions. (8:49)
- Tax credits that are available for small businesses because of the SECURE Act. (10:50)
Thank you for tuning in to Yeo & Yeo’s Everyday Business Podcast. Yeo & Yeo’s podcast can be listened to on Apple Podcasts, PodBean and, of course, our website. Please subscribe, rate and review.
The information provided in this podcast is believed to be valid and accurate on the date it was first published. The views, information, or opinions expressed during the podcast reflect the views of the speakers. This podcast does not constitute tax, accounting, legal or other business advice, or an advisor-client relationship. Before making any decision or taking action, consult with a professional regarding your specific circumstances.