Podcast Host: Alan D. Panter, CPA, CGFM
Episode 12: Single Audits for Government Entities
Welcome to Everyday Business, Yeo & Yeo’s podcast. We’ve had the privilege of advising Michigan businesses for more than 95 years, and we want to share our knowledge with you.
Covering tax, accounting, technology, financial and advisory topics relevant to you and your business, Yeo & Yeo’s podcast is hosted by industry and subject matter experts, where we go beyond the beans.
Listen in as Alan and Jamie discuss single audits for government entities in the first of our two-part podcast series focusing on auditing and accounting for government entities.
- What is a Single Audit, and how do I determine if one is required? How should the federal dollars be reported in the financial statements? (1:20)
- Who is responsible for preparing the SEFA? (3:42)
- Which grants should be included in the SEFA and which should not? (4:08)
- What else do I need to prepare? (4:53)
- Which items will the auditor want to test in the SEFA? (6:30)
- Which programs will the auditors select for testing? (8:20)
- Who sets compliance requirements, and how will I know which areas will be tested? (10:00)
- What else should I pay attention to? (11:20)
Thank you for tuning in to Yeo & Yeo’s Everyday Business Podcast. Yeo & Yeo’s podcast can be heard on Apple Podcasts, PodBean and, of course, our website. Please subscribe, rate and review.
Listen to our second episode in this two-part series: Episode 13: Michigan Uniform Chart of Accounts for Local Government
The information provided in this podcast is believed to be valid and accurate on the date it was first published. The views, information, or opinions expressed during the podcast reflect the views of the speakers. This podcast does not constitute tax, accounting, legal or other business advice or an advisor-client relationship. Before making any decision or taking action, consult with a professional regarding your specific circumstances.