Effective communication is a key driver for business productivity across all industries. Today’s business environment makes unified communications nearly an operational necessity.
What is Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS)?
With the advent of cloud computing, many businesses have turned to hosted services for managing IT resources that include network topology, servers, data storage, and even complete data centers.
This evolution in technology now extends to communication infrastructure, allowing providers to offer sophisticated functionality without the acquisition, maintenance, and management expense that goes along with building such systems in-house.
Benefits of Unified Communications
Today’s mobile workforce presents many challenges for businesses, from remote training and onboarding to geographically dispersed teams. Technology is the enabler that meets each of these challenges head-on. It provides the capabilities needed to manage these business requirements with sophisticated tools, such as live chat, video conferencing, and remote access to critical business applications.
Why Should Your SMB Adopt UCAAS?
Integrated unified communications offer many advantages for both large enterprises and small business owners:
- Reduce the demand on existing IT staff. UCaaS providers manage equipment configuration, installation, and upgrades.
- Cloud-based architecture ensures access from any location, leveraging the power of the internet.
- Scalability – pay only for what you need, with ease of expansion as your business grows or needs change.
- Financial advantage – UCaaS can often be funded as an operating expense, without the up-front cost of purchasing equipment or periodic upgrade costs.
- Security – cybersecurity is a critical concern for most businesses. UCaaS providers provide a secure environment with continuous updates for subscriber protection. Many are also compliant with regulations such as SOX, PCI, and HIPAA.
- Reliability – redundancy is built into UCaaS offerings, providing consistent access to business systems, phone connectivity, video conferencing, and internet services.
- Reduced time to implement – providers handle planning, installation, and support, accelerating deployment time.
Small businesses (SMBs) may feel such use of technology is limited only to larger enterprises with huge IT budgets. However, UCaaS is a technology that offers a strategic advantage to businesses of every size.
Yeo & Yeo Computer Consulting’s unified communication solution, YeoVoice powered by Elevate, is a cloud-based collaboration platform that enables users to be more mobile, more productive and share ideas and content through a single platform. Contact Yeo & Yeo Computer Consulting to learn more.
Information used in this article was provided by our partners at Intermedia.